Friday, January 7, 2011

TGIF ...or is it?

During the workweek, it's easy to get into a routine of waking up, going to the gym, eating every 3 hours or so, and constantly drinking water and green tea...

But when the weekend strikes, things change. You sleep in, you make plans with friends, you lose track of time... It's much, much harder to plan a meal when you are out and about. Which is good when you're tying to distract yourself from food, but this diet is centered around eating small meals frequently. So, needless to say, I'm trying to plan for the weekend ahead to avoid making mistakes.

Tomorrow during the day, my bf and I are going to visit his parents-- because it's a long drive, regardless of how long we are there, there is going to be at least one meal involved. Maybe two. So I gotta pack easy food-- a turkey wrap, some finger-friendly veggies.... And of course, water. I drink a gallon of water a day, so packing water is essential.

Weekend nights suck even more... Going to a friend's party tomorrow and I cannot drink a drop of alcohol (big sigh) or have any of the food provided. And packing food for that is impossible-- or just really socially awkward. So, I have to make time before the party to eat a filling meal and I will definitely take a giant water bottle in one of my giant purses. I'll pack some emergency nuts (unsalted and raw) for the ride home, but only eat them if we're there too long and I'm having hunger pains.

In any case, this is what my social life will be fore the next 6 months and you can imagine why watching a movie at home or gardening becomes so appealing. Keep it close to the food and water supplies.

I will let you know how it goes... have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment