Thursday, January 6, 2011

MUST...work........out............

So here I am, it's after 9pm and I am stuck at the office... But I WILL go work out now. I will! And I will blog about it so that if any of you ask me tomorrow, I can say, YES! I DID work out yesterday.

Even if it's a quick weights routine.

My work out plan you ask? A total of 7 weekly sessions separated into 4 sessions of cardio and 3 sessions of weights.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday: CARDIO! (Always a mix, but I like... kickboxing, spinning, the elliptical, and an occasional run if my knee is up to it.)

Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday: WEIGHTS! (Alternate lower body and upper body. Weights are a GREAT way to speed up your metabolism and tone up-- I always hear women stupidly say, "But I don't want to be muscular!" Trust me, you will know if this is happening.)

I've never had a problem working out, really have been doing it all my life, usually my issue will be lack of time (or lack of better planning). But now I really cannot afford to miss a single session and will have to plan viciously to get them all in.

It's also more enjoyable when I do something different every day, so it doesn't get boring (and also I am toning different muscle groups every day). It's just so easy to quickly fall out of love with a routine workout.

And yes, dear reader, I am slowly overcoming yesterday's cake catastrophe and I'm actually using it as motivation to eat clean (4 PRISTINE meals down today, and one to go) and also, to go work out. Which I will do...... NOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment