Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Big Brother is watching.

No, literally, my big brother.

Here's what J had to say (copying and pasting):
"You never posted on what happend during happy hour you are a bad blogger you can't keep your readers wondering what happend"

(I know, his lack of punctuation drives me nuts too-- but anyway...)

What J really wants to know is if I'd drank...

I did. But there is more to the story:

I left to Happy Hour with only 4 of my 5 daily meals under my belt. I was planning to be out for an hour or two and come back home to my last late meal, probably a quick protein shake before going to bed. Then, the night turned into a much longer night than I'd anticipated and without my car, I couldn't leave. I was fading fast. I still had 300 calories to spare. And I also hadn't had my weekly cheat at that point. My options were to eat fried bar food, or get a drink. I went with a vodka tonic, the lowest calorie, least sugary, least carby drink I could think of (a quick look up on my HTC Evo confirmed it). It was the only alcohol I consumed that week-- HECK, this whole month.

So I feel okay about it. During Phase 1, there is a bit more leniency than in the later phases. I need to learn how to handle these types of events and prepare better for them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment