Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello, Accountability.

I'm not fat.

And that's not according to my grandma's standards or the size of the average American. That is according to the National Institute of Health. Looking at the Body Mass Index chart, I am in the "healthy range." But...

...my jeans won't button. And that's a problem. In the last couple of years, I have gained more weight than I care to admit. But in the spirit of full disclosure. thirty-five miserable pounds.

Yikes.

I am not here for affirmation that I still look okay (so please, none of that); I want something to hold me accountable. If (at least, I think) readers are tracking my process, then I won't give up. I am looking not only to share my achievements, but also to confess the error of my ways. I think that by blogging about it, FULL DISCLOSURE, I will be more successful in my quest to get those pants back on. And I hope that maybe my quest will help some of the readers, as well.

GOAL 1: shed a total of 10 pounds by January 31 (the beginning is easiest)
GOAL 2: shed a total of 30 pounds before the summer, June 22 (total of 6 months).

No comments:

Post a Comment