Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Second week's results: Karina -4.5 / BF -7



Sorry for the break, guys... had the long weekend off. Back to blogging and with a halfway mark update...

Both BF and I have 5.5 pounds to reach our respective first goals... BUT (BIG but(t)-- no pun intended) BF is shedding the pounds not only much faster, but also much more easily.

While I've kept to a very stringent routine of health foods and a daily workout routine, I've seen him eat ribs, drink beer, and work out a total of three times to my 10. Maybe there's a method to his madness... HA!

But, don't fret, Dear Reader! While he has the numerical advantage, I do feel like I've got quite a bit more discipline. You see, dear reader, we are like The Tortoise and the Hare... He thinks he's got this in the bag and is taking liberties he shouldn't be.

Upon the start of the race, the hare quickly leaves the beautiful tortoise behind and, confident of winning, decides to take a nap midway through. When he awakes, however, he finds that his beautiful competitor, crawling slowly but steadily, has arrived before him.

Today, while the hare, errr, BF is going to a wine tasting, I will be at the gym. And while I woke up early this morning to cook my chicken and make my salad, BF did not.

Here is to perseverance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment