Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fourth week's results: Karina -6.5 / BF -6

Happy one month of dieting! I've lost six-and-a-half pounds. (I remember being able to lose 10 pounds in a month, I must be getting older...) BF is trailing behind at negative six (he's also not dieting though, evidenced by the empty bag of McDonald's and pizza at work-- no, I still haven't forgotten two days of burger and fry dinners in a row last weekend). But enough about him though. This blog is about ME!!

Let me take this opportunity to apologize for my week-long absence. I took Friday off from work to prepare for a huge orchid show last weekend (shame on you if you missed it!). I volunteered to help my society put together an exhibit, which took ALL DAY FRIDAY (worth it, we won grand champion!). Friday night I could not move from the venue, I had to judge (I am studying to become an American Orchid Society Judge), was with the judges till late and got home straight to bed and early up the next morning. Saturday I volunteered all day (9am to 8pm) to help my favorite vendor. Sunday, I helped the vendor again-- but was able to get in an intense workout in the morning.

The workout all thanks to my friend J, who had RSVPd weeks earlier to get us into an amazing hour-long spinning class at the Mondrian with instructor Lisa. Highly recommended.

In any case, long story short, the weekend was a bit of a mess. I packed lunches in the mornings, but wasn't necessary able to eat them. On Saturday, I had arrived at 9am, but didn't have a chance to look at the time again until GASP! 12:56. I hadn't eaten for almost 5 hours. The majority of the weekend went a little bit like that. Too busy to even notice the passing of time. I think that explains my measly half a pound lost last week.

Needless to say, as exhausted as I was, I was happy when Monday hit me with the weekday routine. Working out every day, monitoring my gallon-a-day water intake, eating properly every 3 hours or so and remembering to take my vitamins. I plan to make this week an awesome one. Shooting to get to negative 8 lbs by week 5.

Keep a close eye on my blog, I will be reporting very efficiently this week. Keep calling me out-- really appreciate those who have been doing so-- you know who you are. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment