Thursday, February 3, 2011

Excuses, excuses...

Time to vent. And probably offend a few readers...

From random girl to one of my friends: "I wish I had time to go to the gym!"

Seriously? Seriously??? That is gonna be your excuse? Lack of time???

How about you get yer lazy dimpled ass off the couch and give up all that reality TV you're watching? How about you shop less? Play less video games? Go out less? Drink less so you're not hungover the next day. Wake up early. Sleep less, we all do.

So next time how about you just be honest with yourself and everyone else. Let's get a, "I'd rather go home from work and continue to be stagnant on my couch." Then at least we can say you're an honest fatty.

Just don't make it like you're busier than the rest of us. We all have shit going on in our lives. If anyone ever hears me use such a lame excuse, please, you have license to slap me FULL-ON across the face. The kind of 3-Stooges-slap where my entire body spins around a few times from the force.

The only people I will not judge are working mothers. ................And still, I'd like to think that my baby-daddy / mom / friend could watch my kid(s) for an hour. There are also mommy and me workout classes where you use your kid as a dumbbell and shit. Also, tons of gyms have a daycare/play area for kids-- I know mine (24 hour fitness) does. Even if I am an orphaned, friendless, single mother who can't afford the gym or classes, I will stick that kid in a baby-jogger and go for a run. The kids love it too. So I hate to be the childless chick who doesn't get it, but I'd like to think I'm gonna find a way when I have kids.

There are people with all sort of disabilities. And they still manage to find a way. I swear to god, I have seen a one-handed man on a wheelchair do a 5K.

So Ima gonna call BULLSHIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment