Monday, May 2, 2011

...I'm back. And I'm deluded.

Blogging took up a ton of time (which I am already short on) but it was so great for support and helpful to keep everyone looped in. I can't commit to blogging every day, but I am back.

What prompted it?

I did something a little crrrazy this weekend. I bought a bridesmaid dress in a size 4.

I am currently a size 8.

This is a big deal at Priscilla of Boston. They have documents--legal documents-- where you have to initial several times and sign at the bottom to indicate that you realize you have a fat ass and you realize you're ordering a size that will not fit your fat ass right now, but you are deluded enough to think you will fit into this size in a few short months.

To fit into a size four, I have to lose... 25 pounds. That's one pound per week until the beginning of October. And the wedding is in October. I don't have a day to spare.

The dress size doesn't keep me going so much as the smirk on the saleslady's face when she heard that I wanted not one size smaller but two sizes smaller.

Well, watch this, Saleslady!

No comments:

Post a Comment